Thursday, June 19, 2008

Speck

When I first came upon it, I didn't know what to make of it. I figured it was an accident waiting to happen, but then I realized it already did. Tho I knew I was innocent to the debacle, I knew if I was caught here I'd be to blame. So, I quickly took pace and picked it up as rapidly as I could go. I refused to look back, fearing the salt, but I heard something fast approaching and knew the gig was gunna be up if I didn't keep truckin'.
Feeling my heart racing, out of both adrenaline and fear, I worked myself harder to get a good distance from whatever it was back there. But alas, it stayed on my heels.
All of a sudden, down I went. Don't know if it tripped me up or I, as I sometimes do, tripped myself up. But, down I went. My first instinct caused me to curl up in a little ball and wait for the blows. After a few seconds of nothing, I took a peak... there I was... alone. Ain't nothing was following me. All I saw was my shadow there... laughing at me.

No comments: