Friday, July 25, 2008

Dear Doppelganger

I'm sorry I snuck out the way I did. You were sleeping so very peacefully and I didn't have the heart to wake you. Ok, actually, I didn't want to wake you because I didn't want to talk to you about it. I wanted to just disappear and get away as quickly and uneventfully as possible. Of course, on my way out, I stubbed my toe on that little lift at the doorway into your kitchen, and then nearly tumbled down those rickety stairs of yours in the corridor.

It was a beautiful walk. I slowly trailed myself down three stops along the park, just for kicks.

You're too sensitive. I didn't mean the things I said. Ok, yes, maybe I did. No. You should never make assumptions the way you do. I had no intention, nor should you have. But it's ok. We can laugh at it over pints some time. Not too soon, tho.

You didn't scare me. You never really do.

Cheers,
Al

No comments: