Saturday, January 28, 2012

Chocolate-Coconut Cake



Make This!!! Make it!!! It's good!!! And pretty!!! And easy!!!

I was assigned to bring dessert to a dinner party, but it's 17 degrees outside, so I wasn't too interested on going out before I had to, and don't really like store bought stuff. So, I thought on what ingredients I had, and boom... decided on this.

The recipe I found online called for the coconut and chocolate to be sprinkled on the top, but I thought that could lead to burning and scorching, so I did it after the fact. Yum!


Sift together:

1 3/4 c. Flour

2 tsp. Baking powder

1 tsp. Salt

Add 1 c. Dry coconut


Cream:

3/4 c. Sugar

1/3 c. Coconut or veg oil

1 tsp. Vanilla extract

Add 2 eggs, room temp


Mix into creamed mixture:

In 3 parts dry mix

In 2 parts 1 c. Coconut milk

In 2 parts 4 oz. Bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped


Preheat 350* F

Butter bottom n sides of cake pan

Bake 45-50 minutes


Toast 3/4 c. Dry coconut


Glaze:

1/2 c. Powdered sugar

3-5 tbsp. Coconut milk

1/3 tsp. Vanilla extract


Ganache:

3 oz. Bittersweet chocolate, chopped

1/4 c. Coconut milk

Double boil - mix and melt the two together in a lass bowl over a pot of simmering water.

Once cake is done, flip/transfer onto plate. Brush glaze on top, sprinkle toasted coconut. Drizzle ganache and glaze all over.

No comments: