Roasted Crimini Mushroom Soup
30 large crinimi mushroom caps
2 carrots, peeled and halved length wise
1 large onion, diced
1 small Idaho potato, finely diced
3-3.5 cups chicken or veggie stock
1 small carton Heavy cream
2 tbsp. butter
1-2 tsp. Thyme
1/2-1 tsp. Chili flakes (preferably not the seeds)
Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 425*F
- Prepare foiled baking sheet with olive oil and lay carrots and mushroom caps on. Lightly spray olive oil on all. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While mushrooms and carrots are roasting, on med-low heat caramelize onions and potato, stirring often. (I did it near to the point of the French onion soup caramelization, but you don't have to if you don't want to take that much time.)
- Once roasted and cooled, finely dice carrots and mushrooms. Reserve liquid that formed during roasting.
- When onions/taters have gotten to the level you want them, stir in the roasted liquid, then the carrots. Let carrots saute with onions for 5-10 minutes, then add mushrooms. - Saute all together for 5 minutes, then add stock - just enough to cover the vegetables - as well as thyme, salt & pepper (to taste).
- Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally as well adding more stock if need more.
- Using immersion blender (or a regular one in batches), puree vegetables to preferred consistency. (I didn't want mine chunky.)
- Add heavy cream to preferred amount. (I used maybe 1/2-3/4 cup.)
I let mine simmer a little longer (maybe 10 minutes) before I ate. It is sooooooooo good!!!
You can drizzle a tiny bit of nice olive oil, or have it with some croutons, if you want to add to it. Make this. It's really amazing.